1. Go to every school game or event there is, even if you don’t want too, and go all out showing your school spirit! You never know what could come of it.
4. If you get the chance to play sports, DO IT BABY!! Some of my favorite high-school memories come from lacrosse, my lacrosse girls have truly been a 2nd family for me, what really proved it was our senior season being cancelled, and how much we have supported each other through this crazy time in life.
5. DO YOU! Focus on yourself, senior year can be stressful, you have a lot of challenges to face once it’s over and ur on ur own, listen to YOUR heart. The college/path you choose is the place you are going to call home for the next stage of your life, so don’t worry about where your friends are applying, where your family wants you to apply, let you DO YOU!
6. Take chances!! I wish I would’ve followed this piece of advice a little better. Senior year is your last year with the group of students you may have been with since elementary school. This is the last time you guys will all be together, so take chances. Dance in the halls. Tell your friends how much you love them. Tell that one boy you’ve had a crush since freshman year how you feel because you may regret it if you don’t. Do something crazy.This is your year, so make sure it’s a year to remember!
7. It’s okay to cry. Like a lot. It is also okay to be emotional. But it is also okay to not be sad. There are a lot of times this year that the tiny things will be an emotional trigger and the reality will hit you hard but there are also a lot of times when everyone around you is in their feels and you are just excited for the next step in life. No matter what emotion it is it’s okay to feel it because that is the roller coaster of senior year.
8. Take LOTS OF PICTURES. Get your pictures professionally taken even! Literally take pictures of everything and everyone because you are going to want them! One of my favorite things to do is sit at the counter while my dad or mom is cooking and go through there high-school pictures and watch them smile ear to ear and tell me stories.
9. Trust me when I say this may be the key component to the madness that is considered senior year. Just relax. Everything will be okay. Senior year is stressful. I know you are wondering if you are going to get into your dream school, I know you are wondering what you are going to do without your best friends next year, but everything will fall into place!
10. Have fun!! This is your last hurrah! Senior year is stressful, surreal, crazy, and memorable. Take the time to go on adventures with your friends and family on the weekends, maybe even to places you have never been before. Cherish those movie nights when you can snuggle with your bestie and stuff your face with popcorn.